SARMs are the ”new” big thing (they were actually developed in 1998) for gymbros for a while. If you have some friends that workout, you have probably heard about it, or maybe even that friend is using SARMs. But what exactly are those SARMs? Are they the key to break the limit of getting buff? And even if not, it may just be a good way to get fitter for you.
What are SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modules)?
SARMs, or Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators, are a class of compounds that are used to enhance muscle growth and improve physical performance. They are often marketed as alternatives to traditional anabolic steroids. SARMs are designed to selectively target the androgen receptors in muscle and bone tissues while minimizing their impact on other parts of the body, such as the prostate or the liver.
What are the benefits of SARMs?
The primary potential benefits of SARMs include:
- Muscle Growth: SARMs can promote muscle growth by binding to androgen receptors in muscle cells, which can increase protein synthesis and lead to muscle hypertrophy.
- Improved Physical Performance: Some athletes and bodybuilders use SARMs to enhance their strength and endurance, potentially leading to better performance in sports and workouts.
- Fat Loss: SARMs may also have the capacity to reduce body fat while preserving or even increasing lean muscle mass.
- Bone Health: SARMs can have a positive impact on bone density and strength, making them potentially useful in the treatment of conditions like osteoporosis.
- Reduced Side Effects: Compared to traditional anabolic steroids, SARMs are believed to have a lower risk of certain side effects like prostate enlargement, acne, and hair loss.
It’s important to note that the safety and long-term effects of SARMs are still a subject of ongoing research. In some cases, they have been associated with adverse effects, including liver toxicity and hormonal imbalances. Additionally, SARMs are often sold as dietary supplements or research chemicals, and their purity and dosage can vary widely. Therefore, if you are considering using SARMs, it is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional and be aware of the legal status and regulations surrounding these compounds in your region. Misuse or abuse of SARMs can have negative health consequences.
What are the Types of SARMs? What are SARMs used for?
There are several different types of SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators), each with its own specific properties and potential applications. Some of the most well-known and studied SARMs include:
- Ostarine (MK-2866): Ostarine is one of the most popular and widely researched SARMs. It is known for its potential to increase lean muscle mass and improve bone density. Ostarine is often used for bodybuilding and improving physical performance.
- Ligandrol (LGD-4033): Ligandrol is another popular SARM that is used to increase muscle mass and strength. It has been investigated for its potential in treating conditions like muscle wasting and osteoporosis.
- Andarine (S-4): Andarine is often used for cutting cycles to help reduce body fat while preserving lean muscle mass. It may also improve vascularity and muscle hardness.
- RAD140 (Testolone): RAD140 is known for its anabolic effects, which can lead to increased muscle growth and strength. It is considered one of the more potent SARMs.
- Cardarine (GW-501516): Cardarine is technically not a SARM but is often grouped with them. It is used for its potential to increase endurance and improve fat burning. It activates the PPAR-delta pathway, which can enhance energy metabolism.
- YK-11: YK-11 is believed to have both SARM and myostatin-inhibiting properties. It may help promote muscle growth and reduce the limitations on muscle development imposed by myostatin.
- S-23: S-23 is known for its potential to increase lean muscle mass and bone density while reducing body fat. It is considered one of the more potent SARMs.
- MK-677 (Ibutamoren): MK-677 is not a traditional SARM but is often categorized with them. It is a growth hormone secretagogue that can increase growth hormone levels, leading to muscle growth and improved recovery.
Information on most if not all types of SARMs will be available on the blog soon. So stay tuned for more content.
Legal Status of SARMs
Legal status of SARMs differ widely by country and might change in time. It is important to note that SARMs are only available with prescription in UK and Australia.
Where to Buy SARMs?
There are a lot of options depending on where you live but online stores is the most preferred way. One of those online stores is science.bio. science.bio offers a wide variety of SARMs both in liquid form and powder form. If you wanna go all out, there is even a complete bundle.